Businesses that invite foreign experts to work during the Covid-19 pandemic will have a hard time sponsoring foreign workers. After applying for a visa to enter Vietnam, the businesses must apply for a work permit, make a guarantee for a temporary residence card or extend a visa for their foreign workers. However, under the current complicated situation of the pandemic, there are quite a lot of matters which need the attention of the businesses when applying for an entry visa or Vietnam visa on arrival for foreign experts, specifically:
1. Who are allowed to enter Vietnam?
Currently, due to the increasingly complicated Covid-19 pandemic, Vietnam is only open to foreign investors, technical experts, skilled workers and business managers to enter Vietnam.
– The authorities will consider the application for an entry visa for a foreign expert when the person is within the age allowed to enter Vietnam.
2. Businesses inviting foreign experts must make a statement of commitment
According to the latest document of the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Epidemic Control, organizations and enterprises that have submitted dossiers to invite experts to work from April 25, 2021 onwards must file an additional statement of commitment to guide foreigners on entry so that they can comply with epidemic prevention regulations during the designated quarantine period; Besides, they should monitor their health, not go to crowded places after quarantine period upon entry, preventing cases of infecting the epidemic into the community. In particular, foreign visitors on entry must bear all the expenses during the designated quarantine period.
3. Complying with 21-day designated quarantine, followed by monitoring 7-day home self-isolation
Following the instruction on telegram No. 600/CD-BCĐ of the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Epidemic Control in May 2021, the current quarantine period is 21 consecutive days from the date of entering the quarantine area or the last contact with someone infected with SARSCoV-2 and after a period of designated quarantine period, the person is required to monitor their health at home for another 7 days.
4. Taking a Covid -19 test for 3-6 times
According to the policy specified in Official Letter No. 2505/SYT-NVY of the Department of Health of Ho Chi Minh City, visitors who want a Vietnam entry visa must take samples for testing for SARS-CoV-2 on the first day, the seventh day, the 14th day and the 20th day during the designated quarantine period.
If the quarantined person has close contact with or take the same means of transport with a COVID-19 patient, the SARS-CoV-2 test should be performed on the 5th, 10th, 14th and 20th day during the designated quarantine period.
After 21 days of quarantine, those entering Vietnam will continue to monitor their health at home for another 7 days and take samples for testing on the 7th day (counting from the end of the designated quarantine period).
5. Finding quarantined hotels that meet the standards of the Health Authority
In Ho Chi Minh City, so far (May 2021), there are 28 designated quarantine places for foreign experts who choose to undergo a quarantine period in Ho Chi Minh City. See the list of eligible hotels in Ho Chi Minh City here:
6. Know-how on processing entry visa applications for foreign experts
To avoid the application documents from being returned or rejected due to the lack of required documents or incompliance, as an entity/business, you should comply with the following requirements:
– Download and fill out the Forms, List of Proposals, type (using Unicode font, size 14) complete and accurate information. The authorities in Ho Chi Minh City do not accept manuscripts, to avoid misunderstanding due to illegible handwriting (the handwritten documents, wrong character set and the font size will not be supported).
– If the signatory of the request for immigration assistance is an authorized person, the power of attorney must specify the authorization on the application for immigration assistance.
Foreigners requesting assistance to enter Vietnam have to meet the requirements under the Decree 152/2020/ND-CP dated December 30, 2020.
To learn more about visa procedures for foreign experts to enter Vietnam, please call HOTLINE: 0977 97 99 96.