As the Covid-19 epidemic is getting complicated in many different parts of the world, the Government of Vietnam has given specific guidance to support foreign investors, technical experts, skilled workers, and business managers and enterprises in applying for entry visas to Vietnam for business purposes. This article will guide the steps for entry visa application for foreign experts to Vietnam and detailed quarantine plans during the Covid-19 epidemic. If you have any inquires that need further advice and guidance, please contact PNVT.
Regulation on the management of visa applications or Vietnam entry visa for foreign experts
Currently, the COVID-19 epidemic continues to get complicated in the world, and there is still a considerable need to enter Vietnam. In order to ensure the prevention of COVID-19 epidemic and to properly deal with those who need entry according to regulations, on February 23, 2021, the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Epidemic Control issued a Document No. 1113/CV-BCĐ on continuing to strictly manage the those who apply for entry visas to Vietnam to prevent Covid-19 epidemic. Accordingly, businesses interested in visa applications for foreign experts entering Vietnam should refer to this article to understand the situation before signing and applying for entry visas for foreign workers.
Guide to applying for entry visas for foreign experts to Vietnam
– Step 1: The Approval letter by the People’s Committee – Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs allowing foreigners to enter Vietnam (PNVT will support this- See a sample Result document attached)
Businesses are required to send an application for entry of foreign experts to work in Vietnam to the Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs.
The Department will check, sum up and send the application documents to the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City for approval. If the application documents are valid, you will receive a document approving entry to Vietnam from the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City. Simultaneously, based on the approval document, the People’s Committee also requests the Immigration Department of Ho Chi Minh City to consider and settle the procedures for application for entry visas of foreign experts to Vietnam.
An application for entry to be filed to the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs includes:
1) A copy of the business registration certificate certified by a Ward People’s Committee
2) A copy of the passport
3) Letter of reference (form provided by PNVT)
4) Sample letter of commitment from the Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs (given by PNVT)
5) List of proposed foreign workers to enter Ho Chi Minh City (form provided by PNVT)
– Step 2: Applying for the approval letter for Visa on arrival for foreign experts to enter Vietnam – (supported by PNVT – See the sample Result document attached)
After receiving the approval letter, businesses and organizations need to send their documents to Immigration Division – Vietnam Immigration Department to apply for letter on arrival, allowing foreigners to enter Vietnam:
The application for the letter on arrival of the Immigration Department includes:
(also known as visa application for foreign experts entering Vietnam)
1) Work schedule (form provided by PNVT)
2) Barcode NA2 sample (form provided by PNVT)
3) NA16 form (form provided by PNVT)
4) The letter of the People’s Committee permitting the entry to Vietnam (approved).
5) Booking flight tickets and hotels
There are hotels that are approved for quarantine plans such as: Holiday Inn, IBIS Saigon Airport, Bat Dat, Des Arts Saigon, Le Meridien Saigon, IBIS Saigon, De Nhat and Norfolk, etc. See the list of accomodation facilities to be used as a quarantine for those applying for entry visas to Vietnam:
– Step 3: Submitting the quarantine plan to the Department of Health (with the assistance of PNVT)
After completing step 1 and step 2 to apply for an entry visa for foreign experts to Vietnam, you should send all of the following documents to the Ho Chi Minh Preventive Medicine Center (Ho Chi Minh City Department of Health).
Documents on quarantine plans filed to the Department of Health
1) Quarantine plan – confirmation of booking, confirmation of hotel reservation (form provided by PNVT)
2) Letter of the People’s Committee (approval)
3) Letter of the Immigration Department (approval)
* Note: Experts working in 7 provinces: Tay Ninh, Binh Duong, Binh Phuoc, Ba Ria – Vung Tau, Dong Nai, Long An, Tien Giang will not be allowed to be quarantined in Ho Chi Minh City. If the other provinces and cities want to be quarantined in Ho Chi Minh City, the People’s Committee of such province or city must send a written request to the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City for their quarantine support. Find out more information about applying for Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee for quarantine support here
Entry visa application service for foreign experts entering Vietnam for 3-5 weeks
PNVT is a prestigious company specializing in performing administrative procedures for foreigners in Vietnam. Even though the current situation has changed, due to the long-lasting Covid-19 epidemic, PNVT has been always standing side by side with businesses and foreigners in applying for entry visas to Vietnam. We are ready to give free advice and support in:
1) Applying for entry visas for foreign experts to Vietnam within 3-5 working weeks, depending on each particular case
2) Carrying out the procedures for applying for work permits, a long-term temporary residence card, and extending a Vietnam visa for foreign experts and their family members entering Vietnam.
Therefore, in applying for a visa to enter Vietnam, a work permit, a temporary residence card, if you have any inquiries that need further advice and support, please call the PNVT experts. We currently support with all the procedures for applying for a visa to enter Vietnam, work permits and residence documents for foreigners in Vietnam.