A foreigner applying for a new work permit applies for a work permit for the first time or has not had a permit to work in Vietnam before. This process demands more documents than the re-issue of a work permit or the issue of a 2nd work permit. Prior to the 1st of January 2015, the vital papers including the university degree (or of higher level), work experience certificate and police report are required. According to the Decree 11/2016/NĐ-CP and Circular 40/2016/TT-BLĐTBXH, the most essential documents currently consist of the Work experience certificate and police report.
First case: The formalities for a new work permit for a foreigner possessing no permit to work in Vietnam.
The documents and formalities for a new work permit
A new work permit for a foreigner in Vietnam is valid for 2 years. There are 6 general cases regarding the issue of a new work permit according to the new regulations (excluding the former renewal of work permit and the issue of additional work permit). We would like to present the first case as the remaining five will be revealed in subsequent articles. For further information, please read the re-issue of work permit.
UPON THE APPROVAL BY A COMMITTEE IN WRITING, THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED:
- A photocopy of the (entire) passport
- Two 4x6cm portrait photos (White background, no glasses)
- Health certificate
- Certificate of foreign experience of at least 1 year at a similar position (this document must be consular legalized and translated into Vietnamese. The translated copy must be notarized by a department of justice).
- Foreign criminal record (this document must be consular legalized and translated into Vietnamese. The translated copy must be notarized by a department of justice).
- Relevant diplomas (this document must be consular legalized and translated into Vietnamese. The translated copy must be notarized by a department of justice).
- Vietnamese criminal record
- A photocopy of the business license.
- Form no 7
The procedures for foreigners to apply for a new work permit
1st stage: The form no 1 and certificate of business registration are submitted to the People’s Committee. Response is expected in 15 working days or more.
2nd stage: Upon the approval by the Committee in writing, the employer submits the regulated documents to the Document Receipt and Response Office of the City’s Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs (at 159 Pasteur, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City) in at least 15 work days prior to the expected first work day of the foreign employees according to the regulations.
3rd stage: The document receipt and response office of the City’s Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs takes in the documents and inspect their validity and sufficiency.
* If the documents are sufficient and valid: the documents are taken in and the submitter is given a receipt.
* If the documents are not sufficient or valid: the documents are returned and the submitter receives a written request of additional documents.
4th stage: The City’s Department of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs handles and issues the new work permits to the foreign employees in 10 days upon the receipt of the employer’s full and valid documents. Otherwise, the refusal to issue a work permit must be given in writing and explained.
5th stage: The employer of the foreign employees approaches the Document Receipt and Response Office of the City’s Department of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs for the response on the date given on the receipt.
Why should you employ the new work permit services by Phu Ngoc Viet?
As the veteran in this sector, we proudly affirm our deep knowledge of the formalities for a new work permit. Once your documents are deemed eligible by us, your work permit will be certainly issued. The reasons lead to your choice of the new work permit service by Phu Ngoc Viet:
– Deep knowledge of work permit regulations.
– 100% OF WORK PERMITS ARE GUARANTEED TO BE ISSUED
– Zealous, amiable and dedicated staff
– Reasonable cost
– Our motto is “getting it done before getting paid”
– High sense of responsibility and professional dedication: When we qualify and accept your case, we will strive to have it done through all difficulties.
We also provide the fast and guaranteed service for foreigners’ temporary residence cards
Call us for the best counsels that save your time and money while boosting your work efficiency.
We wish for your happiness and success in life!