Vietnam-born passport holders (or overseas Vietnamese) are subject of visa exemption laws. Here are the specific conditions that are applied:
Vietnam-born passport holders are the particular subject of visa exemption law.
The five-year visa exemption allows Vietnam-born passport holders to enter Vietnam multiple times for a five-year duration without re-applying for entry visa. For each entry, the subject is allowed to stay no more than 180 days. After 180 days the subject must leave the country, and then re-enter again without renewing the visa.
- The subject must have pertinent documents to prove that he was a Vietnamese before becoming a citizen of another country. Acceptable documents are birth certificate; citizen certificate (issued pre-1975 and after); Vietnamese passport; voter registration.
- Visa must be valid for at least one year.
- Not be included into category that prohibits entry and exit Vietnam laws.
Documents needed to apply for five-year visa exemption
- Application for visa exemption Form NA9/ Circular 04/2015/TT-BCA
- Two 4×6 photos, with one attached to the application.
- Valid passport with at least one year remains before expiration date.
- Document proving formerly a Vietnam-born person.
Where to file for visa exemption
Outside of Vietnam: Visit Vietnam consular office.
- Vietnam Immigration Office in Hanoi: No. 44 – 46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh, Hanoi. Phone: 84 4 38257941. Fax: 04 38243287, 04. 38243288.
- Vietnam Immigration Office in HCM City: số 333-335-337 Nguyễn Trãi, Phường Nguyễn Cư Trinh, Distric 1, TP.HCM. Điện thoại: 84 236 3822 381.
Time and Fees:
Five days for normal application; up to ten days with application with issues.
Ten us dollars per application.
PNVT Visa Exemption Services
We provide fast and expert services for your visa need. You will have the result within three days.
We provide services at:
District 1, District 2, District 3, District 4, District 5, District 6, District 7, District 8, District 9, District 10, District 11, District 12, Binh Thanh District, Thu Duc District, Go Vap District, Phu Nhuan District, Tan Binh District, Binh Tan District, Tan Phu District, Can Gio District, Binh Chanh District, Nha Be District, Hoc Mon District, Cu Chi District, Hochiminh City.
Service at other provinces:
An Giang, Ba Ria – Vung Tau, Bac Lieu, Ben Tre, Binh Duong, Binh Dinh, Binh Phuoc, Binh Thuan, Ca Mau, Can Tho, Da Nang, Dak Lak, Dak Nong, Dong Nai, Dong Thap, Gia Lai, Ha Giang, Hau Giang, Ho Chi Minh City, Khanh Hoa, Kien Giang, Kon Tum, Ninh Thuan, Phu Yen, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Soc Trang, Tay Ninh, Tien Giang, Tra Vinh, Vinh Long, Vinh Phuc.
PNVT Visa Services
Fast and reliable.
Three days turn around service.
If you have the need for our service, please call us.